Welcome to the Opotiki News website...where you'll find stories and pictures from the latest issues.

You can also view the Classified pages by downloading our pdf files. Please note these files will be uploaded the day after publication. We encourage you to purchase a printed copy of the paper if you don't want to miss out on all the hot deals, or the latest employment opportunities.

Like us on

Links to other companies within the Beacon Group...
WHAKATANE BEACON
BEACON PRINT

Advertise your business

Opotiki District Council website

OPOTIKINEWS

THREE fire brigades were called out to extinguish the fire in this house, which started after rubbish fell out of an open fire place.                           Photo Sven Carlsson OB1304-01

Thursday, August 18, 2015

Indoor rubbish fire consumes house

AN old Opotiki home was destroyed by fire on Saturday after rubbish being burned in a fireplace fell out onto the floor. 

Three fire brigades were called out to the Waioeka Road house fire on Sunday, spending close to three hours on site.

Opotiki Volunteer Fire Brigade senior station officer Rowan Newell said the house was “well involved on arrival,” following the 12.23pm alarm.

For more of your latest local news, go to our News page